Q. What is included in BU Libraries Search? Sep 10, 2019
Q. What is included in BU Libraries Search?Sep 10, 2019
Search covers almost everything that BU Libraries owns or has access to, including subscription-only scholarly materials.
- Scholarly and Peer-Reviewed Articles
- Books and eBooks
- Music, Audio Recordings, and Scores
- Films and Videos
- Government Documents
- Newspaper Articles
- Research and Course Guides
- BU scholarship, manuscripts, and other unique collections from OpenBU
Collections and Records
What am I searching?
BU Library Resources: by default you'll receive results that are available online or in one of our Libraries.
You can use drop downs or buttons to switch to searching:
More Articles Beyond BU: for articles available online or citations you may request. WorldCat: books and other media held at other libraries.
What isn’t in Search?
For some materials, you will need to access other resources or databases to find full content. This includes:
- Articles in encyclopedias or dictionaries
- Articles within a specific journal, newspaper or other periodical
- Most statistical sources
- Research Datasets
For these resources you may need to start your search in a more specific database. See our Databases A-Z list, or use Search and filter to material type "Databases".
Some resources/databases that are not currently available in BU Libraries Search: