Q. Where can I find information on bankruptcies? Jul 03, 2019
Q. Where can I find information on bankruptcies?Jul 03, 2019
There are several resources for bankruptcy information, some public and some available through the Pardee Library.
- The American Bankruptcy Institute: bankruptcy statistics.
- The Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts: bankruptcy statistics organized by chapter and year.
- PACER (Public Access to Electronic Court Records): additional bankruptcy statistics.
- *Please note* that accessing PACER reports requires users to register and log in.
- BankruptcyData.com: statistical data on the number of bankruptcies filed in the US.
Pardee Library Resources:
- The Bankruptcy Yearbook & Almanac (2014-) available through ABI/Inform includes data on both business and non-business bankruptcies.
- Bloomberg contains bankruptcy data and news.
- Type BNKF and press GO for company bankruptcy filings.
- Type BCY and press GO for the bankruptcy dashboard which has news, briefs and industry breakdowns.