Answered By: Vika Zafrin
Last Updated: May 12, 2015     Views: 1

If you run into legal difficulty, you have several options. You may:


  • consult with BU Libraries;
  • consult with the Office of General Counsel (617.353.2326, (although your scholarly articles are owned by you individually and not BU, and the University cannot represent you legally, we are ready to protect the University’s interest in open access and will be happy to talk with you to illuminate the issues); or
  • opt out for that article.

Get Help

Need more help? Ask us!

 Email: Get answers within 24 hours. (
              Email Other BU Libraries: Medical | Law | Theology

 Phone: Call 617-353-2700 or look through our reference contacts.

 In person: Visit our library locations.

 Make a research appointment


  Text a librarian: 617-431-2427

  Tech Help